Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Night Before Thanksgiving

Last year, I spent 2 hours in traffic between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on my way to Newark to see my family. For years we've been gathering in Newark for Thanksgiving. This year, I decided to stay home on the night before Thanksgiving simply to avoid the traffic and to do a little more preparation. I spent the day writing a paper and studying, and really couldn't spare the time to pack suitcases or to cook anything. In the meantime, my mom made 2 pumpkin pies, 1 blueberry pie and a shoefly pie, plus pineapple sherbet. I really didn't miss cooking this year.

My house needs to be cleaned. I'm starting to count the dust bunnies accumulating in the hallway and in my bedroom, but the laundry is done and my husband kindly and generously folded all of it! We call him The Folder. The weekend will be full and I'll be sure to journal the hightlights in the days to come.

1 comment:

Starasia said...

We decided to leave for rodney's sister Sandy's house at 9am on thurs. instead of our usual noon and we shaved 90 minutes off the trip. we are now going to do that every year. so much better!