Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Daughter's Piano Recital

I stayed overnight in New Jersey on Friday night, and on Saturday morning, my mom and I drove back to Brooklyn and arrived by about 9:45 a.m. We were just in time to clean up the apartment to prepare for my daughter's piano recital. The floors needed to be vacuumed and mopped and we needed to put away toys. The dining room was arranged with chairs in a semi circle behind the spinet piano. When we arrived, she was already dressed in her best party dress and ready to perform. The piano teacher arrived at 11:45 as arranged, but we waited for grandpa, who couldn't find a parking spot. While we waited, the piano teacher played for us. Grandpa eventually arrived and the recital began. My daughter played beautifully. Her expression was beautiful and her technique is improving. She has made great strides since her first lesson this fall. Even though we didn't have a full house, it was worth the experience to give her the motivation. We gave her the last pink rose of summer from Grammy's garden.

2 comments:

Starasia said...

I would have loved to hear her. She must be getting so great!

Marjorie said...

It is wonderful that you are able to balance your life enough to include the arts for your children. It is very important as you are demonstrating.