Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween















I finally had a chance to load up my pictures from the Wednesday-night Halloween extravaganza. We invited two of my daughter's best friends to go trick-or-treating with us, and we all met at the apartment for something to eat and to get the costumes on. All I had to offer was mac and cheese (a huge tray from Fresh Direct) apples, and some cider. I couldn't put together much of a party because I've been swamped with school responsibilities -- for example a quiz the day before and a Power Point presentation, plus a paper due next week! The main thing was that we had fun together.

Our tradition is to go trick or treating and then meet my husband at the parade which starts at 6:30 at 7th Avenue and 12th Street. The parade is attended by practically every family in the neighborhood and it's a zoo! We usually walk with the parade about 16 blocks to Carroll Street where we see a wonderful puppet show and then we do a little more trick or treating and then head home. Check out this video on youtube, which is a show from a previous year. It's set up in the window of the basement of a brownstone. (Note, you may have to cut and paste this into your browser)


1 comment:

Starasia said...

Thanks for the YOU Tube link. love it!