Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fantastic Day

It was a marathon day today. Staying up late meant that I needed to sleep in a bit today and got ready just in time to leave the house at 11:00. I needed to be in the city for a class at the Humanities and Social Science Library (NYPL) at 42nd Street. I really enjoyed the class and was so fortunate to have friends in town. We've known each other for about 20 years and went to a atudy abroad program in Copenhagen together in 1988.

In the meantime, my daughter carried on with her piano and karate lessons, and had a playdate with a friend. I heard that there was a leaf-hunting walk in the park.

We met on the library steps and then took a bus down 5th Avenue to the Forbes Museum where it was quiet and just the place to talk and catch up. After that we went on a search for New York Cheese cake and found it at Juniors in Grand Central Terminal. We stayed in the food court for a while and then ended up at the bar at the Cipriani.

At about 6:30 p.m., it was time to go and we made our way to the shuttle back to the west side. Two friends were heading back to their hotel for evening activities at the conference they were attending, and one friend and I were headed back to Penn Station. But I fainted on the shuttle because I wasn't feeling well. So instead of taking the train home, my friend kindly got a taxi and we make our way back to Brooklyn. My husband then took him to the LIRR station here in Brooklyn for his trip to Long Island. My kids read Sesame Street stories to me in bed.

I'm here writing and may have to go through and edit this a bit later, but it's all I can do for now. The house is a mess, especially the kitchen...due to the malfunctioning sink and dishwasher but now it's back to bed for me. I think I have a fever.

1 comment:

Starasia said...

in our new house, the runners go right past our corner so it is so easy and fun to go down and cheer them on.