Saturday, November 10, 2007

I CAN'T believe that you threw that out!

We finally made some progress in tossing out some more things today. My husband went to Ebay to try to sell a few things, mostly books. We had boxes of books in our trunk for about a month, and I had saved a few things for my daughter's Hannukah presents. It turned out that Ebay didn't take a lot of the things. So, he went to the Salvation Army to drop off what they wouldn't take....including the 3 items I had saved for my daughter! When he got home, he proudly announced that he had cleaned out the trunk. I hit the roof. Then he gave me the keys so I could drive (like a maniac) back down to Flatbush Avenue to the Salvation Army to get the items I wanted. When I got there, I breathlessly explained my situation. Turns out they had put out the flower press and the bead kit and had already and priced them! I'm glad I made it there in time.

I dashed back home and had enough time to make a pear galette and dinner for the kids. Our dinner guests arrived later than expected, so it will all work out OK. We're planning to go out for dinner at a nearby restaurant.

2 comments:

Starasia said...

oh poor Doug!! Just when he thinks he is helping, it becomes a disaster!! glad you got your stuff back; it is actually funny in retrospect.

Kim said...

And when I gave my daughter the gifts : Fashion through the Ages and a Flower Fairies flower press, she loved them. These books have been in my mom's attic for years, since I worked at Penguin.