Saturday, December 1, 2007

An afternoon with my daughter

The house remained messy this afternoon and the laundry piled up while I took the afternoon to spend with my daughter. She needed new lenses in her glasses, so we went to the mall in Manhattan, and yes, such a place exists. It's convenient to the F-train, which takes us right into the building and the eye glasses shop is steps from the subway. It took longer than expected, of course, to get the lenses, but that meant that we had time to eat a late lunch and to do some shopping for much-needed clothes for my daughter. We braved the outside cold and the crowds to go to the Gap and Macy's. Macy's was the most crowded and draining, but we by chance got to see the Waterford Crystal ball that will be "dropped" at Times Square on New Year's Eve. It was brightly lit in a changing array of colors. We moved along quickly due to the crowds, but it was a bonus to see it.

We arrived at home in time to greet my daughter's best friend from school who came to our house for a sleep-over. We ordered pizza and made sundaes. My son felt a bit out of sorts because he hasn't had any sleepovers with his friends yet. And he doesn't like to be left out. But he wasn't feeling well, so he went to bed, and the girls got to watch a movie on my daughter's new laptop. It made the evening a lot more calm. Until I have finished my classes this semester, I won't be the greatest of hosts!

1 comment:

Starasia said...

te laundry and cleaning can always wait for some special mom-daughter bonding time.