Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Birthday to-do list

My son is home today from school again. He must remain calm, so I'm letting him watch as much TV as he can stand. In the meantime, I'm working on Quiz preparation for my 2 classes.
I missed my co-op shift today, so I'll have to make it up in early January when I return from my mini vacation.

My life has been reduced to numerous to-do lists. Today, I'll list the things I need to do for my son's birthday next weekend:
  • Make 36 cupcakes for his class for Friday 12/14. (Reserve 4 for dinner later that night when my mom will be coming over to celebrate her birthday.)
  • Make 36 cupcakes for his party on Saturday 12/14. (reserve 6 for my son's actual birthday on 12/16, when his grandfather will be visiting).
  • Wrap presents.
  • Pick up pinata.
  • Wait for hideously expensive pinata filler to arrive by UPS from from Oriental Trading Company.
  • Fill pinata
  • Prepare gift bags.
  • Consider making bags of cookies to give away in addition to the pinata junk.
  • Confirm with the families that have not yet rsvp'd.
  • Give final tally to karate studio -- we're up to 16 including my son. It's exactly what I expected -- about a 50% attendance, after inviting 30 kids
  • Note: most of the cupcake baking will have to take place on the evening and into the night of Thursday, 12/13 after my GSLIS 701 class.

No comments: