Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sleep

I am convinced that getting enough sleep helps our family all get along and manage, no matter how much space we live in. I am so sleep deprived, and I know that there's no way I can catch up on sleep until next week when my classes are finished. Yet, this morning, after staying up late again to work on my website( 1:30 a.m last night and 3:45 a.m. the night before), I went back to be for another 1 1/2 hours. I'm still tired, but at least now I feel that I'm a little more able to do what I need to do, and I'll be a better driver later on today.

This will be my last post for a while. As soon as my classes are over, I'll be going into Christmas mode. I have a couple of co-op shifts to catch up on and a little more shopping to do. On Christmas eve, we're going to go to grammy's house and on the day after Christmas, we'll be driving to NW NY to see grandpa for a couple of days. My daughter is going to participate in a neighborhood recital and we'll have a little party to entertain kids and their families. It will be nice for the kids to get to know the neighbors so that they might play with them again when we return during the summer.

In January, we'll work on getting the apartment in better shape, doing things that we wanted to do in August and September, but couldn't. We need to organize my son's room and weed through books and toys. The bathroom and my daughter's room need to be painted. We may even paint my son's room. Every room in the apartment needs to be scrubbed, dusted and vacuumed. At some point we need to order new rugs for their rooms. My daughter still has the alphabet rug we bought when she was a baby. And then there are the boxes that sit in our living room. Most of it can probably be tossed. The hallway has grown into a nasty stacked-up storage space that must be sorted through. We have a lot to do, but I am pledging to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night during my break and to read at least 3 books before I return to school at the end of January. I also need to get a hair cut and see all of my doctors for check-ups. And then there's my scrapbooking project, which I haven't really worked on since July. I was current up until May 2006, and I still need to do my summer vacation album. I would like to order all the prints and get organized to finish the album at the scrapbooking weekend I plan to attend in February.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Kim, I've enjoyed your blog and hope you get your much-needed sleep over the holidays. As one who has been there with the school, work, kids, etc. I would advise you to cut your to-do list in half! Just putting all those things on your list is enough to give you gray hair!!! Enjoy the holidays and tell your mom I said hello. C.

Claudia said...

Just thought of a question for you. How do you make a team on this weblog? I am starting my own and can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it. Maybe you can give me a hint. Thanks. Claudia

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.