Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hanukkah to-do list

We're in the middle of Hanukkah now, and most of my tasks are finished for this holiday.
I still have to do the following:
  • Make sure I have enough ingredients for latkes (potato pancakes) (get sour cream).
  • Make applesauce from all of the surplus apples in the fridge - use crock pot)
  • Set up kids presents for each other (glove mittens).
  • Make latkes on Friday.
On the first night of Hanukkah, I was at my Tuesday class, and I heard that the kids complained about receiving snow boots on the first day. Of course they wanted fun things. We have also given books, which after an initial grumble are actually very well received an appreciated. We try to give practical small gifts for this holiday, knowing that my son's birthday and Christmas are right around the corner.

My son had another doctor's appointment today and I was able to take him back to school for the afternoon. But after this morning's appointment, we also had to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for an antibiotic. We had to wait a long time for it, and so we went to the nearby diner for hot chocolate. By the time we got to school it was lunch time, but my son needed another nebulizer treatment. I had to fill out paperwork that is going to take a long time to get approved before the school nurse is authorized to administer the nebulizer medicine. So, until that happens, I will need to go to the school and take care of that for Harry.

No comments: