Thursday, October 4, 2007

Parking

Parking this week was a challenge. Upon my return both days from my classes, I searched for at least 30 minutes each day to find a spot. I ended up going south a few blocks out of my regular zone. The first spot was a tight and I had to make many quick turns in order to parallel park correctly. On the second day, I parked in front of a florist. There was a large metal shelving unit, seemingly unstable just next to my car and when I nudged it with my back bumper, I really thought that it would fall on the car. But upon inspection after I got out of the car, I noticed that it was chained together somehow. When I park so far from our building, I always feel a little strange. There's something reassuring about walking by our car on the days we're not driving it.

No comments: