Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Could I have a turn in the kitchen please?

I got home from class (and a stop at my favorite ice cream shop in Queens) with the other classmates from Brooklyn. When I got home my husband was actually doing the dishes! I was happy about this because he doesn't always get the chance. I know that he'll be moving on to recycling and garbage duty next which is a regular Tuesday thing. It's so helpful of him!

But I need to make 2 dozen Halloween cupcakes for Harry's class -- tonight! So, I guess we'll be bumping into each other for a few minutes! Or maybe while I'm writing this blog, he'll finish up in the kitchen. I'm planning to make vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing, with Halloween sprinkles. The kids will be going trick or treating tomorrow and then we'll join in the parade, which is a big deal in our neighborhood. My son is going to go as Harry Potter and my daughter is going as a witch with a white costume and face make up.

The kitchen is quiet now so I'd better get in there while I can and get to work. Let's hope I don't mix up the baking soda with the baking powder! I think that I have all of the ingredients!

No comments: