Monday, October 8, 2007

I like to bake when it's 80 degrees outside

My husband likes to joke about how I seem to always bake cookies or muffins when the temperature goes above 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Today, I did have plans to make pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins and apple crisp, but I drew the line there. It's too hot. Who wants to eat that stuff when it's 85 degrees? It's Columbus Day. I remember the day we moved in to this apartment: October 1, 1996. It was 55 degrees. I wore a wool sweater! Today, I wore a sleeveless top, Capri pants, and sandals. Perfect example of global warming.

I actually have the oven on right now -- 400 degrees. It's heating up the apartment very nicely. There is a nice breeze coming in off the park, so it will probably cool off in here as I sit at the computer tonight studying.

We came home late tonight from my daugter's karate lesson, and now I have to make a quick dinner and get everyone off to bed. Maybe I'll move to Canada some day to try to get away from the heat. For now, I'm looking forward to a solid temperature drop so we can appreciate some good old fashioned comfort food.

No comments: