Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Escape

We had a big day today, taking part in the fall festival at the kid's school. We made chili for a contest, but didn't win. Of course, we thought ours was the best. We make it with ground sirloin, a marvelous mixture of spices, Brooklyn Brown Ale and green chillies. The kids had fun with their friends at a magic show, having their faces painted, jumping in the bouncy castle, and doing crafts. A band played the same beat in all of their songs all afternoon, and I went home with a headache.

When we got back from the festival, the apartment was a huge mess. What better way to ignore it than to go right back out again!

I'm looking forward to going out tonight. My husband and I are going out tonight to celebrate our 12th Anniversary. Our favorite (okay -- only) babysitter will come over around 5:00 p.m., and our reservation is at 6:00 p.m. We have plans to go to a restaurant in Tribecca that is known for its martinis and steak. I already know what I will order: a 7-ounce Filet Mignon, with a blue cheese topping and a pepper sauce.

No comments: