Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hunting and Gathering

I'm in my hunting and gathering phase today. After stopping at my daughter's classroom for the curriculum meeting, I walked a few blocks to the post office, then to the meat market and then to the farmer's market at the edge of the park. Stopped at home to put everything in the refrigerator and then went out again to hunt for that missing tile. I decided to go to a very nice tile store in my neighborhood because Lowe's doesn't seem to be able to get the black and white tile right away. That was another 6 blocks down the hill. The store couldn't help, so it was basically a waste of time. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few more things. I forgot to get turkey burgers at the meat market. We'll have grilled turkey burgers tonight to go along with the fresh corn. No, we don't have a real grill -- I really wish we did. I survive with an old George Foreman grill, which is difficult to wash, but it works. Now, I'm back at my desk to make some more calls to try to find the black and white tile at another tile store in the neighborhood. Then I'll go back out to drop off a registration form for a basketball clinic for my son, which will take place later on this fall. I think I'll ride my bike this time. Maybe I'll get back to my desk to do some work for a couple of hours before I have to pick up the kids from school.

No comments: